PDA

View Full Version : Still Hasent eatin

BURMTIC
06-07-2009, 02:14 AM
hi my new baby burm was born on May 15. 09

and she still hasent taken her first meal,,

iv tryed frozen fuzzys and hoppers
and live fuzzys and hoppers and she still wont eat,,

could it be because she still hasent shed yet?

thanks

Joel
06-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Check out some of the other threads regarding eating problems. We need to know about your husbandry...temps, humidity, etc. Also, what have you tried? Have you tried covering the animal? At that size, I would continue to try to feed live. Don't stand there and watch. Leave food in with the animal, cover up her cage, and go away. Come back and check in the morning.

BURMTIC
06-07-2009, 04:14 PM
her living conditions are right and every thing,,
but every time iv tryed to feed her i put her in a different container,,
and left her for about a hour.

Aminah_Undone
06-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Why don't you try leaving the food in her enclosure overnight?

I have a baby that is only a month old, but she's been eating since her first week out of the egg ..with her breeder, and now with me. I put the rat pup in her enclosure and let her take care of it.

With my boy.. he's not a year yet... I offer him a smaller prey item.. live ..and leave it in his enclosure for him. He takes his sweet time, but he eats it.

Good Luck! There are quite a few recent threads that go into more details of things to try ...if you'd like to search them while waiting for others to reply to this thread. :)

Joel
06-07-2009, 06:29 PM
her living conditions are right and every thing,,
but every time iv tryed to feed her i put her in a different container,,
and left her for about a hour.

If you are struggling to get the animal to eat, you want to handle it as little as possible. Handling the animal right before feeding could make her uncomfortable enough to stop her from eating. Put a pinky in the enclosure, cover the enclosure so you can't see in and she can't see out, and leave it overnight. Check back in the morning. Fight your urges to check on her. Just leave her alone until morning.

Let me know how she does.