PDA

View Full Version : im gonna go postal

jermzburm
07-06-2009, 12:19 PM
:@i got a new neighbor. and putting it mildly she is a friggin little whinning beyatch:@. we have told her that we have a large python and from time to time we take him out for a little fun in the sun from time to time. well she seemed ok at that time. ok well on the 4th we took him outside. awsome day out hey. this friggin b. comes out to leave catches a little glimpse of him and just starts to loose her f.... mind hey. and i mean lose her mind :@. oh my god oh my god waaahhh oh my godwaahh. calls the cops they show up shes litterally crying. it allmost gave a heart attack waahh. they even got a little nervous like wtf. until i could calm them down. and show and educate them on what he really is. ya know a heavy bodied slow moving yes very large python show them his house and...:@. well i get a call this morning from the landlord :@:@:@:@:@:@. shes having nightmares waaaaahhhhhh. if she makes me lose my bobby. no joke i know some of the best of people around here i know some of the worst the very worst of people around here and i swear i will use them. to ruin this stupid betaatche goi i cant meven type anymoree:@:@:@:@:@

Meli
07-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Lesson #1 in keeping snakes: Never let anyone know you have them.

It's just easier that way. Now, if you live on a farm or something it's cool. My neighbor is giving me grief about that little girl that got killed by a Burm this week. I am lying and telling her I no longer have any snakes. Not proud of it but you do what you need to do.

jermzburm
07-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Lesson #1 in keeping snakes: Never let anyone know you have them.

It's just easier that way. Now, if you live on a farm or something it's cool. My neighbor is giving me grief about that little girl that got killed by a Burm this week. I am lying and telling her I no longer have any snakes. Not proud of it but you do what you need to do.

well melli, everyone here knows me well and knows what i have. alot of people i dont even know even stop by from time to time to bring freinds to show them what i have its no secret at all. shes been complaining about anything she can to loud of a tv from her neighbors. to much company at my apt. to much company wtf. and its not like shes old mid 40s. and as for the lanlord they fully well know and has known since i first got bob and sam. and now she moves in disrupting a perfect little neighborhood. and now she is bring cops here making disturbences with everyone thats been here for some years.

PerfectlyFlawed
07-06-2009, 01:06 PM
i too hide ours from the neighbors, if i take them outside, i try to do it when i know no one is around, and i take them out back where there are no windows or anything so they cant see what we are doing. or if i have to go out where people are to take them somewhere, i put them in bags so they wont know whats in it. even though i love sharing my snakes with people, i will not risk neighbors freaking out and trying to find ways to make us get rid of them.

jermzburm
07-06-2009, 01:11 PM
i too hide ours from the neighbors, if i take them outside, i try to do it when i know no one is around, and i take them out back where there are no windows or anything so they cant see what we are doing. or if i have to go out where people are to take them somewhere, i put them in bags so they wont know whats in it. even though i love sharing my snakes with people, i will not risk neighbors freaking out and trying to find ways to make us get rid of them.

legally shes f...... . and sorry to say im not gonna hide what im proud of.
she would be the only person so far that ive met who just couldnt overcome the fear.

jermzburm
07-06-2009, 01:56 PM
i must apoligize about my this thread and my language. i had just hung the phone up with my landlord and i guess i was a little p.od. and a little nervous of a possible eviction and or an alltimatum of pet. im sorry jerm[/font]

Brian Baker
07-06-2009, 02:31 PM
That sux man, with everything going on about thes reptiles ppl are really flipping out...Like your snake is going to get out of his cage, then open your door crawl over to her house, open her door and kill everyone over there...We as owners know its not going to happen but trying to tell ppl that have no idea about the snakes is a hard thing to do... But again i feal for you man...I live way out in b.f.e and dont anyone around me for miles so i dont have that problem...

Joethar
07-06-2009, 02:46 PM
That sucks man. The only advice I can give would be to try and go talk to her again. Just remember to remain calm and even see if you cannot get her to try and interact with the snakes.

jermzburm
07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
thanks guys. i went frog hunting to calm down lol. goin fishin in the morning :dodgy:

bebo
07-06-2009, 04:54 PM
It's better to keep to yourself and be able to keep your snakes.

Aminah_Undone
07-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I have to agree with the folks that keep to themselves and don't let every "joe" know what's in their home. I don't even show the kids in the neighborhood.. when they ask me about a random cage sitting in the sun, etc. I just keep it to myself ...cuz I will catch a case with a neighbor like the one you have.. I just don't have tolerance for the type.

Anyway.. that said... I am sorry you are having a problem with her. You could try to talk to her again, or you could just leave it where it is now ..and try to keep Bob and Sammy out of her view. It sucks.. it does... really, really does.. but it may be what it takes to "keep the peace" ..in the long run. Sorry, Jeremy :(

(And.. it could be worse. Believe me. It could be your SO telling you that "snakes have jinns in them.. " ..therefore, implying that ALL snakes ..and something that you hold near and dear to your own heart.. are full of mystical, even demonic, tendencies. Yeah.. it could be worse, darlin' ..much!)

Oh.. and just so you all know.. I call people "darlin' " at random. It does not mean I want to be anymore involved with you than right here, on my side of my pc monitor. It's a figure of speech. I call the crack heads and grocery cashier the same thing... they aren't special either. And no, Jeremy, this isn't a crack at you.. I like you. It's a disclaimer for the idiots that have mistaken my kindness for something that isn't even remotely close to being. You know who you are.

Hacker79
07-06-2009, 07:44 PM
I have to say I agree with what others are saying here. My neighbors finding out I had large snakes lead to a reptile ban proposal in my city. Luckily, it was voted down right away, but there certainly was a chance that could have gone the other way if most of the city council didn't like the the guy that proposed the ban. The majority of people view reptiles a lot different than us, and because of that our rights could be taken away a lot easier. Especially for us herpers that like to keep the big guys. So from now on if I were you I would try to keep it more on the down low. You don't want to have to deal with the stress of a possible reptile ban in your area.

For the same reasons above I wouldn't take my burms out in public much either, unless it is at a place where everyone there is expecting it. Like a reptile show or some other type of event like that. A lot of people have a fear of snakes, and it's not our place to force them to have to confront their fear.

foxracer3641
07-06-2009, 10:27 PM
i do not hide my snakes from other people. my boa is 5ft long and my burms a baby still..just about 3...but all my neighbors love them. i hand out holloween candy with the boa around my neck and little kids always ask to touch it, hold it, etc. parents take pictures of their kids with the snake sround their necks. and those who don't like them...just keep their distance. obviously people arn't as calm as my development everywhere...i am pretty lucky. i think that girl should just keep her distance if shes that scared and deal with it.

Hacker79
07-07-2009, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't worry as much about boas, but with all the negative press burmese pythons get, I would be a lot more careful. It would be nice if his neighbor lady could get over it as she is in no danger as we all know, but look what jermzburms is having to deal with now. If he was a little more private she probably wouldn't know he had a snake, and there wouldn't be a problem. It just takes one person to come in and rock the boat some times.

kns reptiles
07-07-2009, 09:51 AM
thats a shxty situation. We live in a housing park and all our neighbors know we have large pythons and they are cool with it as long as they dont get out and eat there little yappy dogs. the neighbor kids come over and help us clean cages and all too. but we have a park nark and she thinks that she can call the landlord on everything. she hasn't called on us with our snakes yet. and Im surprised by it because we walk them around the park on nice days. our park has a 20lb dog rule and this bxtch has a rotti. i'm thinking of narking on her pretty soon.

the only thing we can do is educate people on these animals and it is too bad that the animal gets the bad rap not the bad owners. hope it all works out for you.

CinderellaBoy
07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
It's a disclaimer for the idiots that have mistaken my kindness for something that isn't even remotely close to being. You know who you are.

Really? On this forum??............SAD.

Just for the record,in the words of the infamous David Allen Coe- "You don't have to call me darlin'...darlin' " LOL sorry, couldn't resist. :D

PerfectlyFlawed
07-07-2009, 02:00 PM
the truth is, if it were some other reptile like a lizard or turtle or something, people wont make such a huge fuss over it, but when you have giant pythons, people just freak out. i would rather hide my snakes from the neighbors and be able to peacefully keep them rather than have someone call the cops and have cops over here investigating and animal control trying to take them away, just cause of one idiot crying about it. besides, we have places that we can take them where we know no one can complain, but i just dont like being bothered at my own home.

Aminah_Undone
07-07-2009, 05:35 PM
It's a disclaimer for the idiots that have mistaken my kindness for something that isn't even remotely close to being. You know who you are.

Really? On this forum??............SAD.

Just for the record,in the words of the infamous David Allen Coe- "You don't have to call me darlin'...darlin' " LOL sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Unfortunately, Cinderelly... there's always one or two.. everywhere you go :-/ I don't let it bother me ..too much.

As for this neighbor lady.. I dunno... I would just keep her and the snakes separate. Even if that means not bringing them outside on the side of the house that she can view. The world is just over populated.. thin out some of the dumbarses.. put a little space between each dwelling ...and you solve all these problems. Of course, shootin' trespassers.. that should be universal, too. :P

I'm sorry if I seem a little extra cynical, of late... but I'm fed up with folks believing every single thing they watch on tv and making me (and people like me) the butt end of it. Whether it's my snakes, my guns, my flippin' rooster in MY backyard.. whatever! Stop being sheep, people... broaden your minds..

jessesdaddy23
07-08-2009, 10:57 AM
okay look, heres my opinion. if your proud of your snakes! show em off. dont hide em. i take mine out shopping with me. do you know how much free stuff you can get from places like petco if you walk in with a 7 foot boa rapped around your neck. i take mine outside, to the park, and to certian stores. walmart got out of hand a few years ago so i dont do that anymore. as for your crazy F'in neighbor. let her bitch. just make sure your playing all your rules and laws smart. if your in one of the states that requires registration- make sure its registered. make sure your not violating your lease or rental agreement. they legally cant evict you if your not breaking any rules. pyscho bit@h will iether eventually drop it or move! and i hope she moves! . . . let her bit@h, words are words. but i dont think theres anything negative she can do to cause you or your burm harm!

jermzburm
07-08-2009, 11:43 AM
:angel: heres what ive learned as of yesterday. she is not even moved in all the so far and i guess she isnt going to either:D:D:D sh has decided that this place isnt for her. she had the rent and deposit pro rated for the 2 weeks she has been here and shes moving to a different apartment building. so i told her boyfreind as hes telling me THATS AWSOME LMAOFFFF :D:angel:. ive never made anyone move before lol and as for the rest of my neihbors bobby and sammy no problem drawing some positive attentoin. and aminah you can call me darlin anytime:Pthanks for everyones concern but this was just an incident and no i dont see myself ever hiding bobby in the house just cause im afraid of what someone else thinks sorry but thats just me:dodgy:.

jessesdaddy23
07-08-2009, 11:54 AM
F'in awesome bro- congrats!!!!!!

jermzburm
07-08-2009, 12:08 PM
lol thanks dude

Aminah_Undone
07-08-2009, 12:17 PM
What a huge relief! I'm so glad, Jeremy... darlin' :P

jermzburm
07-08-2009, 12:21 PM
thanks momma aminah:D