PDA

View Full Version : Everglades pythons are just about wiped out..

natsamjosh
08-05-2009, 07:26 PM
... well, maybe not. They still have 99,994 to go. Oh wait, many of those will lay up to 100 eggs and the pythons have no natural enemis, so they will be losing ground!

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/52549842.html

I'm starting to think maybe this is all so stupid that maybe the general public will start to catch on that this is all BS.

Harmony67
08-05-2009, 08:04 PM
I HOPE the general public catches on.

7 people are out there combing the Everglades and have been for what, 3 weeks now? And they've only found 6???

What a waste of time and money. They should've done the research BEFORE deciding to make this a huge issue.

Poor snakes...

Joethar
08-05-2009, 08:23 PM
... well, maybe not. They still have 99,994 to go. Oh wait, many of those will lay up to 100 eggs and the pythons have no natural enemis, so they will be losing ground!

http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/52549842.html

I'm starting to think maybe this is all so stupid that maybe the general public will start to catch on that this is all BS.

And I am hoping to wing the lottery but I sure am not holding my breath. I hate to say it but way to many Americans are ignorant and go running blindly to who ever has the most money and the most ignorant idea. If only I were rich I could run this country!

natsamjosh
08-05-2009, 08:25 PM
I HOPE the general public catches on.

7 people are out there combing the Everglades and have been for what, 3 weeks now? And they've only found 6???

What a waste of time and money. They should've done the research BEFORE deciding to make this a huge issue.

Poor snakes...

Oh, these "scientists" know damn well they won't make a dent in the population. They already know how difficult it is to find secretive, nocturnal, camouflaged pythons in thick flora and swampy areas that cover thousands of square miles. I've even heard that they have a hard time finding snakes rigged with the telemetry devices that they know are only a few feet away!

They simply are using pythons as job security. They can live off the tax money of hard working people like us, so that they can play with their telemetry equipment, fly drones over the Everglades to locate python nests, and obtain funding for meaningless studies under the guise of "management strategies."

I don't mean to accuse all scientists of being corrupt, but imo the ones involved in this python hysteria are definitely not interested in real science. If anyone doesn't agree, I'd be happy to see just one objective study supporting the claims that these guys are making. I've been looking for 6 months, haven't found any yet. :)

Thanks,
Ed