PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the Group

HarveysHerps
09-02-2009, 11:46 AM
I got a question for you guys. When this latch batch of eggs hatched for me. One egg went bad just days before hatch time. The baby was fully formed and even had the irradescent looking skin. The only thing is . It was solid white and had pink eyes. The parents were both granites. this baby was the same size as the other babies. I feel it died within days of hatching. My question is " How far into developement do they have to be befroe the coloring shows. I'm trying to explain this fluke. Cause I am considering repeating the breeding. I also have kept a female baby from the clutch. Can someone shed some light on things. I think I still have a pic of it. It's not the best pic and it's not the prettiest site either. So I will hold off looking for it and posting it until some inquires to what it looked like.

Theresa Bearden
09-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Their pigment comes in at the very end-if you were to cut an egg early the baby would be white and may have some traces of the pattern coming in.

HarveysHerps
09-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Okay that's kinda what I figured. I really appreciate the quick answer.

PerfectlyFlawed
09-02-2009, 10:53 PM
that would be awesome if it was a new morph or something :) i would repeat the breeding and see if it pops up again lol. can you post the pic? im curious to see what he looked like...

HarveysHerps
09-03-2009, 11:50 AM
It would be cool. But I'm pretty positive it just died before it colored up all the way. I made some posts about it earlier in the year. About the 7 ft. Granite female that laid eggs and hatched them herself. A lot of people said she would die trying to hatch them ans that they wouldn't hatch. ( not here but other places) She is still doing well. I have a really pretty het Lab I want to breed her too. He has some really dark greens and really bright gold coloring in his pattern. I'd love to see the gold coloring pass on to the granites patterning later on down the road. I just breed them for fun. The smaller female makes it much easier to keep and fool with too. She has gained all her body weight back and about a foot of length over the summer. So now she is an 8 ft. female. lol I may just let her rest this year. But she looks better now than when she bred last year.