PDA

View Full Version : anyone from new england

roblillis5491
11-10-2009, 07:43 PM
im from connecticut and I would love to attend one of these reptile shows, but it sucks over here. i own a burmese python, almost two years old and he's about 60 inches long. wondering what these reptile shows consist of and what i can get from them, if i can find one close to CT

Harmony67
11-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Hmmm, I'm not from New England but doing searches shows that there aren't many near you. NY has a few, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire (also, New England Reptile Distributors is in New Hampshire and you can tour their facility)....

Here in Michigan we have 3 shows each month from 20 minutes to 2 hours from my house. The shows sell all types of animals: turtles,snakes, lizards, Tarantulas, cats, dogs, frogs, birds, sugar gliders, pigs, hedgehogs,rats, mice, rabbits, frozen feeders....the list goes on and on. Also sold are caging and supplies and other types of feeders (various insects and worms). I don't know about the shows nearer to you, but I would imagine them to be the same.

mfinley29
12-24-2009, 09:57 AM
i live in vermont. right on the border of ny and mass. im about 2 hours from you i thinkk. but anyways pick up a reptile mag they have lists for four months or so of all shows. some are in new hamp and ny and penn. others that are real good are down south like mars narbc and so on... but theres good deals on good animals at these shows. just watch out for some companies that can screw you over. no what your looking for and know what a heathly snake is before you buy. just cause its a good deal doesnt mean it really is everytime. i had a anery boa and a iguana die in 2 days from the hamburg show. i wont post the company name but im very unhappy with them.

anyway hope my post helps.