PDA

View Full Version : circle-backs and squaretails

micar511
11-24-2009, 02:00 AM
Hey,
If there is anyone that is familiar with either/both the circle-back trait and the squaretails, I would greatly appreciate some info. I think I am leaning towards this direction for a pair. thanks. Michael

PerfectlyFlawed
11-24-2009, 12:57 PM
idk much about the squaretail, but circleback (CB or CBLT for circle back ladder tail) is just when the boas saddles are connected all the way, making the spaces in between a little circle. sometimes the CBs have a ladder tail too, but not always. the trait can be passed on to offspring if one of the parents is a CB. i think its a neat pattern, i like it on colombian bci ;)

The Snake Guru
11-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Circle Backs are a descriptive term basically termed for those boas with with that type of pattern (Much like "Redtail" boas) That particular trait isn't nessicarily genetically significant, passes for on generation to next but has trackability therefore isn't considered an "actual morph". There are a couple lines of Squaretail boas....one in particular of german decent is a codominant repeatable trait. However the vast majority of "Squaretails" or so called squaretails are abberations which are not nessicarily repeatable.

If you are looking into a breeding project make you sure you know where the line came from and that you trust the breeder, there are quite a few shiesters out there in the boa world, LOL

~B~