PDA

View Full Version : Cage set-up

KingLouie
12-21-2009, 08:46 PM
I need guidance!! I ordered a T-25 ( 6x30x18) cage from AP Cages that I received yesterday. I had them install a radiant heat panel as well as set-up the cage for 2 pieces of flexwatt. (I know it might be over-kill but I'm in New England and it gets cold here so I'd rather have more heat than not enough) They installed the radiant heat panel on the right side and set up the flexwatt under the left side. Is this a problem? I was under the impression that all heat was supposed to be on one side so the snake can thermo-regulate as needed. Should I send it back and have them install the heat on the same side or is it fine the way it is. Of course everything will be controlled with a thermostat. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Ucowboy
12-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Lol no don't send it back. Even though you need a hot side /cool side having a piece of flexwatt that you can control on the cool side is a good thing. Remember even your cool side temp needs to remain stable. put it on a thermostat or a rheostat to control the temp on that end. Grats o nthe pick up!

Joethar
12-21-2009, 11:17 PM
This wont be a problem. You will love your cage.