PDA

View Full Version : genetics question

jessesdaddy23
01-03-2010, 03:18 PM
so i've never been one to breed OR know the ins and outs of breeding but my brother came up with another mastermind get rich quick plan. he wants to wait until next season and breed our boas. so my question for you all is
if you breed a female hypo cyclone offspring with a kahl strain albino, what will you get???

i know they'll be pretty but i have no clue what they will be or how much they'll be worth

and thanks all ahead of time

Harmony67
01-03-2010, 03:25 PM
IF the hypo is het for Kahl albino you MIGHT get albino babies. Remember there are two types of albinos, Sharp and Kahl, and they are not compatible with each other.

Albino is regressive, hypo is co-dom. I know nothing about cyclone...anybody else?

Albino X Hypo= %50 normal het albino, %50 Hypo het albino (DH sunglow)
Albino X Hypo het albino= %25 normal het albino, %25 Hypo het albino (DH sunglow), %25 albino, %25 sunglow

jessesdaddy23
01-04-2010, 08:59 AM
okay so to help visualize this i'm gonna add some pictures. like i said earlier, i have no cluew what the outcome will be but im betting its gonna be damn pretty. these pics are a bit older but there good at showing color and quality

first this is my miranda, she's more about 4-5 ft now
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i122/jessesdaddy23/DSC00894.jpg

and this is powder, he's just under 4 ft right now
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i122/jessesdaddy23/IMG00005.jpg

this arranged marriage is going to be very interesting, i cant wait to see if anything happens or what will come of it

The Snake Guru
01-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Cyclone is a line of Hypo, not even sure if it's a recognised line.

Anyway your clutch will consist of - Hypos 100% Het. Albino and Normals 100% Het. Albino about a 50/50 Mix

If by some chance the Hypo is Het. Albino you would get the above mix plus some Albinos and Sunglows in the litter.

However I fail to see where the "get rich quick" scheme comes into play since none of what would be able to produced is particularily hard to find.

Anyway, that's the rundown.

~B~

jessesdaddy23
01-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Cyclone is a line of Hypo, not even sure if it's a recognised line.

Anyway your clutch will consist of - Hypos 100% Het. Albino and Normals 100% Het. Albino about a 50/50 Mix

If by some chance the Hypo is Het. Albino you would get the above mix plus some Albinos and Sunglows in the litter.

However I fail to see where the "get rich quick" scheme comes into play since none of what would be able to produced is particularily hard to find.

Anyway, that's the rundown.

~B~

if you knew my brother you would understand that his get rich quick schemes never work out. i was thinking about doing it just because i could imagine the outcome but when you throw the possibility of sunglows into mix then . . . damn, thats just awesome. i was already planning keeping some for myself but the sunglows have always been just beautiful

Harmony67
01-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Well, they should make some pretty babies!

Sakara
01-05-2010, 07:12 PM
How old is the female? Make sure she is at least 3 years old and 10+lbs :) They are both gorgeous!