PDA

View Full Version : Boa Cage?

mountainman
05-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi there everyone, new here.
My RTB is currently housed in a 6x2x3 cage.
He is only 5ft and about 8 yrs old pretty small i know but he has a very healthy feeding schedule.
Is this cage to large? I will be getting a Burmese soon and i will need to build a 4x2x2 to house the burm in until he gets large enough for a bigger cage.
Could I house the RTB in the 4x2x2 when the burm out grows the smaller cage. Or is the 4x2 to small for a RTB his size
also when the burm needs bigger than 6x2 my plan would be to add the width to 4 feet on the 6x2 cage.

bebowebb
05-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Yes... your boa will do great and have more than enough room in a 4x2x2 enclosure.

My larger boas are in 4x2x1 cages and they work great.

I don't plan on moving them to larger caging unless they were to reach 10 feet or larger.

aslsmm
05-28-2010, 11:10 PM
i agree. i have a friend down here in southern oregon that has 27 redtails and her biggest 3 are in surprisingly small cages and they do just fine. also i'm by no means an expert but i don't think that a cage can get to big as long as the proper temp and humidity is consistently maintained.

ps my friends house kinda smells funny.....don't worry she's not on this forum.

mountainman
05-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Ok thanks alot so that is my plan then to get the cage built,get a burm and raise it and then switch the two.
I figured that the 4x2 cage was large enough just wanted a few opinions.
I'm sure some people disagree the people who believe that they need room to wander. Every boa i have had is pretty lazy, except at night.