PDA

View Full Version : More wonderful regulation...

natsamjosh
09-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Note that the guy from the HUMANE SOCIETY who confiscated the snakes said that he "hate[s] them" and that he will likely KILL them, and that he made a big deal about a 4' foot ball python being missing:

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1942870,1942903

nickcee
09-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Note that the guy from the HUMANE SOCIETY who confiscated the snakes said that he "hate[s] them" and that he will likely KILL them, and that he made a big deal about a 4' foot ball python being missing:

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1942870,1942903

Man, for lack of better words, fuck this dude. It amazes me that they actually put people like this in charge of anything.

"Winningham, who lives in the 200 block of 22nd Avenue, said he had been providing his carpet pythons to a photographer friend who had been draping them over nude female models."

This dude is suppose to be one of our fellow herpers, yet he talks about nude modeling and using his snake. I don't give a damn if u use your snakes in photo shoots, nude or not, but why in god's name would you mention this to the press. Snakes and nude modeling, way to drum up support for our hobby douchebag. If he indeed said this, fuck him and the guy that took his animals.

Pirarucu
09-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Well said!^

robin scott budd
09-09-2011, 08:22 PM
The article stated that the ordanice was that all snakes with the ability to get 10` had to be regesterd. Well not one of those snake were 10 `. And i've never herd of a ball getting any where near that sizes. But then again it is our responcability to know our local laws. If we are going to keep these animals than we have to do it leagally. By not doing our job of learning the laws we'rejust giving the ammo agaist us.

Ucowboy
09-11-2011, 02:38 PM
It is our responsibility to follow local laws and registration procedures. If the guy gets in compliance he should be fined and the snakes returned. I'll see if I can dig up some numbers tomorrow and give the guys at the shelter a call to see if I can sway their direction. Not sure why the ball python was confiscated. I don't understand their reasoning at all the way the regulations are written.

Ucowboy
09-11-2011, 11:24 PM
FYI update

The gentleman did manage to get his ball pythons back after paying a fine and registering them with the city. He also recieved back his two carpet pythons after proving they were not coastal carpets (not sure what that had to do with it). He has yet to get his boa's back. I'll be looking further into this during this week.

Pirarucu
09-12-2011, 04:49 PM
That's good, I think the reason is that Coastals have been known to get over ten feet, though it is very rare. My Carpet might be headed down that path, his growth is still explosive at almost 7 feet..

naja-naja
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
like pirarucu said, coastals are the biggest of the carpets, the only ones that can break 10 foot as far as i know.