PDA

View Full Version : Link to the Whitehouse petition that works:

burmchick
01-19-2012, 01:35 PM
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwwws.whitehouse.gov%2Fpetiti ons&h=1AQFv0n0L

or

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/overturn-python-ban/4wGFbc4Y

You'll have to create an account, but it takes just a few seconds. We need 25,000 signatures by Feb. 17th...... keep this going and share it with everyone you know.

Rogue
01-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Thanks for reposting. Somehow in my mass posting of the petition last night I buggered the link. >.< I just got off work so I really haven't had a chance to fix all the boo-boo links.

BTW, is anyone else having problems creating an account? Each time I do (and I know I got the captcha right) it just sends me back to the new account screen. Grr.... >:(

Ucowboy
01-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the link. I hit it up last night via someones facebook post. C'mon people get it signed!

burmchick
01-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks guys. Rogue... once you create your account try refreshing the page. The site is being a little difficult at times.

Keep sharing this petition! Once we reach 25,000 signatures, Washington has to review this ban!

burmchick
01-23-2012, 12:34 PM
C'mon guys... if you haven't signed this petition, do it NOW and post these links on your fb pages, other forums, etc. It takes every single one of us to make a difference.

Denial
01-23-2012, 01:11 PM
ive been posting it over and over on my facebook page. I think once boas got taken off alot of our "help" left us.

Rogue
01-23-2012, 04:45 PM
I was finally able to sign. Apparently the link doesn't like my browser and could only get it to work using IE.....

burmchick
01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks Danny! Rogue, glad it finally worked for you... thanks!

robin scott budd
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
I had to go to the library but was finaly able to sign this one. I was on sssnake forum and they where saying these on line petition go no where. That the politicians say they are to easily forged and that they Dont recognize them. I sure hope this is false. For most of us these are all we have a chance to sign. Is there a way to find out what happens with these?

burmchick
01-23-2012, 10:07 PM
These petitions are absolutely NOT a waste of time. This particular petition especially. Its an official government website. The people that are naysaying these either have other motives and are begging for money (god knows where the money actually goes...) or they're uneducated or just plain lazy.

Petitions absolutely help... I'm not willing to take the risk of not trying because some assclowns say it won't work.

Sam Bearden
01-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Even if no one pays them any mind, the fact people are saying they are useless is bullshit. I look at it this way, it makes people do SOMETHING which means they will at least have to think about it, that is something in my book. I actually have had a few family and friends that could give two shits about snakes and because they have had to read my posts and then went to this site in particular and signed up and signed the petition and read this Shit even though they hate snakes they see where I am coming from. So to those who call it a waste of time, excuse my language but fuck them. It is a way to raise some awareness.

Posted from the Burm DROID. Even on the road I am talking Burms.

Sam Bearden
01-24-2012, 10:22 AM
bump...

robin scott budd
01-24-2012, 10:59 AM
I hope to god your right. And thank god there are people like you guys that make these available to us, and bring it to our attention. For some of us its the only way we have to voice our concerns. So from my family to your i want to say thank you. I cant imagine a day with out my animals.

Denial
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Well that days approaching quickly if we dont step up as a community. I wish balls and boas were on the list. That would get people off there ass.

tattooman
01-29-2012, 10:47 AM
i ll keep posting it and i ll go and try and get more people to see things are way i hate it that just cuz of some that didnt take care of or house there animal the right way they are gonna try and stop all of us that are doin the right thing from havein them i mean come if they looked at dogs in the same way im guessin they would have passed somthing to stop everyone of ownin them years ago lol