PDA

View Full Version : info needed on dumoril boas

robin scott budd
08-29-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm taking in a dumoril boa on Sunday. I've been reading up on them but not much on them. Everything I've read seems pretty straight forward except the care sheets say to use a Small setup than I would normal use on a snake that size. I would normally use something in the range of 4 foot. If any of you have experience with this boa what size tub should I use for a adult? They have it in a 4' boa masters PVC cage and having a hard time getting it to eat. He told me if he puts it in a small tub to feed it takes food a lot better. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Sparkki
08-30-2013, 10:48 AM
The care for them is pretty easy and not to different than common boas. Just keep temp and humidity right. A 4ft cage seems about right depending on how big the snake is, it might need bigger/smaller. If it has always been put in a smaller tub to be fed then it might just be used to eating like that. As for a feeding tub.. maybe a 105 qt? Maybe a x-mas tree tote. It really depends on how big the snake is. They are beautiful boas and seem to be wanted more and more recently.