Thread: Hypo and Pearl Variability Video

Hypo and Pearl Variability Video

Hey all - I took a few videos of the Pearls and Hypos just to show the different influence of the het genes and the variability in the animals themselves. I think it's important to show a side by side comparison. Hopefully there is enough detail in these videos. I will be posting some more videos are varying topics soon. Hope you enjoy.

http://tomreaganreptiles.com/Reagan_Videos.html

RE: Hypo and Pearl Variability Video

Thanks for sharing!

Great info Tom, thanks for posting.

Loved both of those vids, You have some amazing animals, I really enjoyed meeting you at the show as well! Good times.

great video tom,just a coupe of questions for you the hypo greens that you have bred,look nothing like the ones been sold in the uk or europe is there truth to line breeding of the green that gives that bedeock look to then as the hypos i have seen that carry the green gene look more like the hypo het albinos,it could be that these snakes are not carrier of the green gene at all.i don't know so i ask the question. and the 2nd is..well its not really a question but is the hypo gene in boas not a incomplete dominant trait which is pass by one parent ie super hypo dominant trait...........not trying to be picky by the way!!

all stunning pythons and thanks for sharing great to see video thats not full of royal pythons!!

Cool Videos Tom...

Tom, have you done anything with the hypo and labrynth yet? Doesnt see like too many ppl work with the lab gene, or they leave them out for some reason..

THanks

Re: Hypo and Pearl Variability Video

@ motorhead - good catch on the hypo boa. I'll probably redo the vid.

As far as the hypo greens and their leopard look are concerned: there is some variability but the het greens are usually a very obvious het in the hypos. I sent several pairs of hypo double het albino/green to the UK and to Germany in 2009 so I know there some there that could have produced last season. The hypo het green that I used in the video was from a clutch that had some real strong green influence in the offspring.

When I do a video with the adult hypos, I'll show the hypo het greens that are 10' or so. You can see the strong green influence in them too.

Hope that gives some clarification.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Burm1023
    Cool Videos Tom...

Tom, have you done anything with the hypo and labrynth yet? Doesnt see like too many ppl work with the lab gene, or they leave them out for some
    There are some hypo het labs floating around now. Maybe next year we'll see them.

really enjoyed the videos beautiful snakes!

Most amazing! Thanks for sharing! The vids did help me understand the genetics better.

great videos

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Reagan
    @ motorhead - good catch on the hypo boa. I'll probably redo the vid.

As far as the hypo greens and their leopard look are concerned: there is some variability but the het greens are usually a very obvious het in the hypos. I sent several pairs of hypo double het albino/green to the UK and to Germany in 2009 so I know there some there that could have produced last season. The hypo het green that I used in the video was from a clutch that had some real strong green influence in the offspring.

When I do a video with the adult hypos, I'll show the hypo het greens that are 10' or so. You can see the strong green influence in them too.

Hope that gives some clarification.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    cheers tom,i do really like the look of the hypo het greens that you have and its gives the idea that your looking at a het geen ,stunning hets nearly a morph in its own right. and as you do sent stuff to germany i hope to maybe pick one up next year as well as something from sam. as for the hypo het labyrinths bob clark had some hatch this year(summer time) and a few in the uk are pairing them up. did see a photo today on a uk site of a locked hypo( i prefer the name fire) het albino x albino labyrinth. and i do belive bob clark will have hypo labyrinths next season but not a 100% sure on this!!
    thanks again for the videos took a while to watch last night as my internet is so slow!!

Great videos and animals! Methinks you're missing a certain hypo in there though.. Cough cough! Absolutely beautiful animals, definitely my favorite morph! Are you planning to do a video tour of your facility? Would love to see some of the bigger things you have.

thank you very much for the info.i really love being here in this site!

Great videos Tom, very cool to see all the variability in these animals side by side.

bumped and stickied.
    Sam~Bearden~A.K.A.~JUGGALO
    burmjunkie@gmail.com

Great videos Tom. I really injoyed the one on double and triple visibles. The hypo greens and that ivory are my fav