Thread: can someone educate me on sd's

can someone educate me on sd's

I know most of you are really into burms but I'm hoping someone can educate me on the sd stuff in retics.

I now they're island forms of the mainland. What I need to know is when breed to a dwarf I get a 50%sd. What would you call the babies if the 50%'s were breed together? What would the % be if you breed a 50%x100% be called? When would you call them sd's? Or to be honest would they all just be called dwarfs?
    I plan on getting a male wild type sd in January, I plan on breeding to my jampea tiger and my jamp/swa platinum. All the babies will be 50% sd. I just really need to know where to go from there and what to label the offspring?

If you bred two 50% SDs together, you would get a new generation of 50% SDs. A 50% bred to a 100% would produce 75%. You would call them pure SDs if both of their parents were pure SDs...
    You wouldn't call them anything special, you would label the animal with its percentages from each line.
    My retic is 50% superdwarf, 25% Jampea Dwarf, and 25% mainland. His daddy was a pure SD, and his mom was a 50% Jampea.
    Not what, but when, who, why and how are the main questions, none of which will be an easy answer. However due to this fact and misinformation about said information, one would wonder where I am going with this. It is of course a great pondering for such persons which by now would have no clue as to what the hell I am talking about. However this would be above and beyond the basic explanation of such. But the simple fact is I am studying to be a politician. Questions?

Thate pretty much what I was thinking. The f2 and f3 would just be dwarfs that only get to the size of a true sd.

No, they will get to the size of whatever their genetics are... A half SD will not stay the size of a pure SD...
    Not what, but when, who, why and how are the main questions, none of which will be an easy answer. However due to this fact and misinformation about said information, one would wonder where I am going with this. It is of course a great pondering for such persons which by now would have no clue as to what the hell I am talking about. However this would be above and beyond the basic explanation of such. But the simple fact is I am studying to be a politician. Questions?

My idea is to breed a true sd to both of my dwarfs which should max out about 12-14. Then breed babies back to dad the sd the babies from that should be around dads size.

They would be close, yes.