Thread: Yay! No Florida Python Challenge in 2014!

Yay! No Florida Python Challenge in 2014!

Florida isn't going do host another Python Challenge this year, which I think is a good thing. However, they are "focusing their efforts on programs that train licensed hunters". The article can be found here: http://news.yahoo.com/florida-scraps...234102231.html
    0.1 Normal Burm (Bebe)

I'm not to sure that's such a good thing. As much as I LOVE burms, been working with them for over 20 years, the fact is they remain an invasive species and should be dealt with accordingly. With that said if they don't hold anymore python hunts we can't keep proving there isn't as many out there as they claim to be.

Quote Originally Posted by beanie View Post
    I'm not to sure that's such a good thing. As much as I LOVE burms, been working with them for over 20 years, the fact is they remain an invasive species and should be dealt with accordingly. With that said if they don't hold anymore python hunts we can't keep proving there isn't as many out there as they claim to be.
    Good points, I think its in all good Burm owners interest for ourselves and the enviroment that invasive wild Burms need to we eradicated.
    Till Lions have Historians, Hunters will always be Heros. ~Kenyan Proverb

They just don't want to have to face another epic fail like last time.
    Unreal just like a 7 dollar bill

The feral cat problem has far more impact on Florida's ecosystem, but I haven't seen a ban on interstate shipment of domestic cats or kitty hunts being organized. People will do anything for re-election, I suppose.
    0.1 Normal Burm (Bebe)

I agree, I want to see more python hunts. What better way to show how few there really are? I'd like to see feral cat hunts too.
    Not what, but when, who, why and how are the main questions, none of which will be an easy answer. However due to this fact and misinformation about said information, one would wonder where I am going with this. It is of course a great pondering for such persons which by now would have no clue as to what the hell I am talking about. However this would be above and beyond the basic explanation of such. But the simple fact is I am studying to be a politician. Questions?